- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) apricot nectar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, oats and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place 1 in. apart on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- In a large skillet, combine the apricot nectar, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, mustard and horseradish. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add meatballs; simmer 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 dozen.
Pin me on pinterest!
Follow me on twitter!
Find me on Facebook!