The Spiced Peanut Butter, Banana and Honey Sandwich
12 slices whole grain or gluten-free bread (see my notes above on dairy-free bread)
6 bananas, sliced
1 cup spiced peanut butter or sunflower seed butter (see recipe below)
2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 ounces dairy-free margarine or coconut oil, at room temperature
- Lay out two slices of enriched white bread on a cutting board.
- Spread both slices of bread with peanut butter. Set one aside.
- Take one slice and top with sliced bananas, then drizzle with honey. Place the reserved slice of bread on top.
- Brush top and bottom of sandwich with room temperature butter.
- If you own an electric sandwich maker or Panini press, place sandwich inside for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes. If you do not have a sandwich press, place sandwich in a sauté pan on top of your stove, set at medium heat; and cook for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 minutes on each side.
- While cooking, combine cinnamon and the sugar in small bowl.
- Remove sandwich and while still hot, season liberally with cinnamon and sugar.
- Cut in half and serve while hot.
Pin me on pinterest!
Follow me on twitter!
Find me on Facebook!